Blog Music


Saturday, September 6, 2008

Love is a Battlefield

I've spent a great deal of time thinking this week. Its been a kind of up and down and all over the place type of thing, and I've come to a lot of conclusions;

One: I don't know why I worry so much about not having a huge following of friends. The friends that I do have are the best that anyone could ever ask for and complaining/sulking is the most ungrateful thing to do.

Two: I actually genuinely like who I am. I was reading an IM I had sent to someone a year and a half ago, and I basically was just saying how I felt ugly and boring and not worth anyone's time. And I've just changed so much about how I feel about myself. And then today it just all came together. I was talking to Sarah and we had been talking about how its hard for us both to keep up diet and exercise and I just said, "Well, it doesn't matter, because we both look good the way we are." and I realized that I actually meant it. I'm okay with the way I look, because this is who I am, and there are much more important things about me than just the way I look. I just started thinking about how great so many people are and they don't even know it.

Three: I am not going to be friends with people who talk about me behind my back even though I have never once done anything to them and I have been very nice and always honest with them. I refuse to be friends with someone who puts me down and makes me feel bad about myself. And I will not accept the fact that they do that to the people that are closest to them. There is no excuse. Oh, and if you're going to say mean things about me, don't say them to my best friend.

Four: I am going to keep things in perspective from now on. The future is limitless, and the next few months are really nothing when it comes to the real scale of things.

Five: I will not let any guy make me feel like I'm not worthy or like I'm disposable. I will not let any one have that kind of control over me anymore. No girl should let that happen; there are SO many girls I know that let guys define who they are and how they feel about themselves, myself included. But I've come to a conclusion- it isnt worth it. If he doesnt appreciate you for who you are and how amazingly wonderful you are then he isn't worth your time. Okay? And same goes for how guys are viewed. Girls should appreciate them for who they are and not treat them badly or mess with their heads. Guys are people too, they deserve better than that.

Six: I am going to make a much bigger goal of not judging people. We are all children of God and He doesn't want us treating our brothers and sisters negatively. If we have His perspective then we can see that he wants for all of his children to come back.

Seven: I'm done with caring what people say or think about me. I don't blame them because I know I'm probably guilty of doing the same thing sometimes. And in reality, what they think doesn't change who I am.

Eight: Change is alright. It happens.

Nine: I am not going to walk around like a dog waiting to be kicked. I'm tired of that. It's been who I am for too long.

Ten: It's okay to be confident. It isn't a bad thing.

I think that in the end its been a good week =] And I hope that if you're reading this then maybe you got something out of it that you can feel for yourself. Individual Worth is important. Think about it.

Anyways, just a picture today from me. But check out the song "Love is a Battlefield" by Pat Benitar and look up the lyrics. I loveee it.



No comments: