Blog Music


Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Getting Scared

Today I got into a car accident. It was the scariest thing that has ever happened to me, ever. I was at a stop sign and I didn't see anyone coming, but there was a blind curve so when I pulled out I hit someone that was going probably at least 50mph. My car stopped in the intersection after I hit him, but his car spun and went down an embankment and into the woods. When I saw it I thought that he had to be dead or seriously injured. The drivers door wouldn't open so I climbed out the passengers and then he came out of the woods. It was a miracle that neither of us were hurt, just sore.

Everyone was really nice, and it happened that three people that saw us hit happened to be two insurance adjusters and a nurse. I sat in the nurse's car until Mommy got there. The cop didn't give me any tickets, and our insurance should cover almost everything. And his parents were really nice and so was he. But his car was totaled and mine probably was too.

I think I'm going to be too scared to drive for a while. I still feel like crying whenever I think about it.

But the main thing I got out of this is that Heavenly Father must have been looking out for me, because if you had seen what happened, you would have thought that an ambulance would have carried both of us off. Its amazing because on Sunday Krystine told everyone in Young Womens that she knew that we had angels watching over us, and then his happens today and the nurse says, "Angels must be watching over you." And so I just started balling my eyes out.

It also has made me think about things that I should be doing differently, how I should be doing more with my life, and just like, what if something like that happens again and its worse? What happens if I die? Or if someone I know dies? What would I regret doing or telling them? I guess its just shook me up.

Anyways, I just wanted to write this because I wanted to get it out, and I have nothing to do because anything besides sitting and laying down hurts. And I've got a huge headache. But I'm so amazingly lucky and so glad that I have such good parents who are being so great about this.

Alright, no picture or quote today.

Lots of love.
Bye guys <3

1 comment:

C. Leah said...

Oh my goodness Tori! I'm so sorry to hear about your car accident.

You are right, some angel was def watching over you at that moment. I'm so glad you and the other guy were not seriously hurt...sounds like it could have been very bad.
I hope you recover soon, from feeling unsafe about driving. That being said, lots of prayer/fasting can help you heal where you need it most. :)