Blog Music


Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Southern Weather

So everything around here is flooded. There is literally a stream running through both my front and back yard. Its gotten better since this morning, but its still pretty bad. All this rain has been sad though, and it stinks that I'll be stuck here all day.

Sitting around here makes me...nostalgic, I guess thats the right word for it. Everyone tells me that I think too much; I just wish that I could stop it. But there's really nothing much else to think about, nothing else to move on to or to distract me. I don't know. Sometimes I just lose sight of everything in the present, and just live in the past, or, when I write, live in my story. I spend so much time avoiding the now. Its like, I want so much to happen and to change and everything, but I just can't find it. I know that that doesn't make much sense.

I guess I'm going to be living vicariously through Sarah and Emma for a while, and just do whats required of me and have a good attitude about it. At least if I've got nothing else to distract me it gives me plenty of room to focus on school and my family and the Lord. Which I think is why I've been given this time. So I can focus on other things that are ultimately more important.

And I realized that I've been so busy trying to figure out whats wrong with me and figure out how I should act to make people like me and think that I'm cool and fun and all that other stuff, that I forgot that I shouldn't have to change. I've decided that there are going to be people who like me for who I am and there will be people who don't, and thats okay. And I just keep on telling myself that.

I keep on thinking of this quote that Emma always would tell me "Everything will be okay in the end, and if its not okay then its not the end."

I have faith that one day, probably without me even realizing it, things are just going to be better, and I'll know that its happened because that'll be the day that I stop going "Things were so much better when..." or "I wish I had done this when..." and stuff like that. And it'll happen =] Like I said last time, I'm working of patience, grace, and strength. Everything happens for a reason, and I think this is happening because I need to learn and grow from it.

Today's picture is from alanc79 and the quote is from Never Say I Told You So- The Almost.

"This is the part where you take your place and I just take mine. I've never been so sick- of seeing you so blind, of all the things you offer to the ones who forget you."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I say that quote, i mean it. I know things will get better for you. People like you deserve the best and that's what you'll get.
I love you!
<33333
-emma